Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I started this post on Tuesday after finally catching up with my blog reading (which pretty much entails the links to the right, while following a lot of the links in those blogs. Yes, I need to sign up with blog lines.) And, if you are reading this and your link is not there, let me know. I would love to add you.

What I found out, was a lot of people blogging about blogging. What to blog, who do I blog about, should I blog. Basically, to blog or not to blog.

This got me to thinking about my blog and the people who surround me in my life that either have blogs or do not. And, really, why would I even write one - I know a lot more prolific people than me. I know better writers than me. And, 1/2 of those people, do not have blogs.

About February/March, I noticed that my little blog went from 2 to 3 readers to 50 or so. Which was kind of crazy, but nice. I haven't checked recently. It's kind of like looking at your weight. When you feel good about yourself and how you look, you don't mind jumping on the scale. But, when you don't, you find reasons to avoid it. I have a feeling that since I have been so busy and my once a week goal of writing was broken, my readers have dropped off.

Then, I was talking with one of my readers who asked - 'when are you going to post again? I mean apparently when you are less busy.' The thought of writing, just seemed like such a luxury and the thought of how long I had been away from the blog, equally depressing. I asked why, I mean, my blog isn't that great. And, someone else said - 'I really like it. It doesn't really talk about anything specific, just about things you are thinking about.'

Hrmmm. I guess that's a good thing.

So, I'm hoping to come back around again with some more posting about what just happens to be on my mind -since you seem to like that.

But, I am not out of the woods yet - on the absence of free time that is - Colorful World is still 2 weeks from being done. And, I have to admit, I still don't know what it looks like, but I know we have a great show. I guess being a slight puppeteer to this whole shibang has really left me on the outside looking in. Please come on up (or down) to 78th St. Theatre Lab, check it out and let me know what you think.

In the mean time you can go here:
http://www.eljallartsannex.com/Colorful%20World.htm
or here:
http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/showpage.php?t=colo6687
or here:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=27785
or here (there be spoilers ahead if you go here):
http://confoundedblog.blogspot.com/ (Piddy did a great job talking about getting into shape, character and the show itself.)
And, this one has nothing to do with the show - just about the posting above:
http://scotleewilliams.blogspot.com/

No comments: