Friday, January 04, 2008

Goodbye 2007 - Hello 2008!

So, 2007 finally let it's ugly ass out the door. Wow, what a year it has been. For so many too. I for one, am happy to say it is over. Although, marking an end of a year doesn't mean that things are suddenly going to be different or that your life will be changing for better, or worse. But, I guess for most (me included), it gives the allusion that life can start again, and, be better this time around.

One of my friends said that I should be awarded the shittest year award. Granted, I am sure there are other people who had a far worse year than me and would look at my year and say it was cherry.

But, I was happy to accept my award on New Year's Night (morning?), which was a Papier-mâché douche bag pinata, that when opened was full of 14 mini bottles of Captain Morgan's Rum, feathers, streamers and little tambourines. One of my best gifts of the holiday season.

However, I have to say, I received A LOT of blessings this year too. There were large life changing events. But, my life was sprinkled with multiple blessings through out the year. In the beginning of the year, I kept my mind on the blessings of just shelter, food and a job. By looking at just those essentials, the larger blessings looked liked multiple Goodyear Blimps.

I got asked to work on shows for money. WTF - you can get paid for this? I got a great apartment near transportation and my job. I got a good job that keeps in beer and skittles and the creditors off my back. I acted in not one, but 3 Off-Off Broadway shows this year. Yeah, I have a lot to be thankful for.

But, one of my most treasured blessings is my friends. I found out this year just how great the people in my life truly are. I always knew they were wonderful, I just never knew how amazing they are.

A lot of people have said how strong I am this year. One part of that is the company I keep. Without them this year, whether near or far, I would have never gotten through the year in one piece.

So, yes, 2007 brought some really hard changes. But, from those changes, I was given a lot. Like the pinata, what looked like a douche bag on the outside, was full of wonderful things on the inside.

Thank you, thank you all of my friends. Cheers and Happy New Years.

No comments: