Thursday, January 18, 2007

5 Things You Don't Know About Me

Well, the meme lives on and heck - gives me a reason to keep this darn thing updated. So, I was technically memed by Philucifer who basically brought the challenge to the world (or at least the world of his blog readers). But then Virtual Catnip got me by name. SO....

5 things you don't know about me. Some may be new, some are definitely, no duh.

1. I am adopted. My birth parents were 15 and 16 (or 14 and 15)when I was born. I believe I was 25 or 28 days old when my parents came to pick me up, although they knew I was coming since Christmas. Which leads me to..

2. I have a Pooh Bear stuffed animal that is older than me and is probably the only possession that I have had all my life. They gave it to my grandparents as a "she's on her way" message. He has been traveling with me all my life and makes a great pillow on long plane trips.

3. For those that know me - I have a long braid extending from my hair. But, do you know how long I have had it - hmm, hmmm? Well, it is going on 19 years. Yup. That's a long time. And for those of you who are grossed out - I wash it everyday and re-do it about once a month so it's not stinky.

4. I have been a performer/director/writer in some capacity all my life. Whether I was creating a song and dance routine for the Christmas family dinner, writing a play for us street kids to perform, directing said street play, dance recitals, piano recitals, band concerts, choir concerts, theatre, rock bands, acting up and acting out. Probably why I don't have a huge vocabulary or knowledge in one realm of the arts. I have jumped around so much that I know all the bits and pieces and no real huge chunks - but I am trying.

5. I have only broken one bone in my whole entire life. My collar bone. I was playing hide and go seek in and on a camper van and fell off of the roof and then a week later was roller skating and landed on the arm of the side I fell on. The kids who were hanging out with me said my elbow went all the way up to my ear. I was in the weirdest sling for 6 weeks - it was like shoulder pads that went all the way around both shoulders and arms and attached in the back.

That's about it. I was trying to think of more interesting things, but I think I will keep those to myself. :)

As much as I would like to tag someone else, I am letting the buck stop here, since the whole world was tagged - see above - everyone else would just be a double dip.

1 comment:

Sister Mary Manhattan said...

Bet you didn't know that I'm eating chicken and broccoli.