Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut dies

After sustaining a head injury from a fall, Kurt Vonnegut dies at 84.

When I was in 8th grade, I had a choice of books to read for a book report. I remember seeing the name, Slaughterhouse Five and pushing past people to sign up for it. I was a horror buff even back then and it sounded like a fun book to read. Well, wasn't the type of horror I was thinking, but introduced me to a new type of horror. And, to an incredible author, who a few years ago, I was blessed to meet.

We are losing some great and influential writers this year. I look forward to who will be there to take the torch.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." "So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

1 comment:

Sister Mary Manhattan said...

You're very lucky to have met him. Quite a talent, and quite a handprint he's since left on the world.

Busy, busy, busy.....